Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's the Wearin' of the Green!

Here is my entry for CCC this week - A St. Pat's Card using anything but a shamrock."  Since I am really not Irish, this was hard for me to come up with a design.  I have tackled a few "firsts" for me.  This is my first Joy Fold card and the first time that I have used my new Disney Classics cart.

The "Irish Hat" is the Mad Hatter cut on pg. 33 and is cut @ 31/2" using the shadow, icon, and layer features.  The small heart is from the Queen of Hearts cut on pg. 39 and is cut @ 2 1/2 and 2 1/4" without using Real Dial Size.  I used the MS branch punch to add depth to the small heart in the lower left corner and added a gel gem for sparkle.  The hat was popped for dimension.
The inside is using the same heart cut @ 4 1/2 and 4".  The Scroll is from Home Decor and the sentiment
is computer generated and printed in green.  The corners have punched using the Fiskars punch and the edges have been inked to give more "pop" to the words.
When folded, this card is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2.  I followed the tutorial that was provided by Splitcoaststampers.

TFL!

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I love everything about it--all the different papers, the folds, and the Mad Hatter hat. Fantastic Job!!!

    ReplyDelete