Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Old General Store

I am finally getting back into my card making!  I know it's been awile, but I am feeling much better and have seemed to get some of my creative juices flowing again.  Besides, it's another rainy day with more forecasted for the remaining week, so maybe I'll be crafting againd tomorrow!

I made this card for my step-father for his upcoming 80th birthday.
I chose a western theme and since I have been wanting to use this General Store cut, it all seemed to come together.


I welded the base in DS to make the card, and all cuts are from the OLD WEST cart.
  I used the icon base and layered it for the store front and measures 5 3/4 x 5 3/4.
The "General Store" is computer generated, the cactus 2", the saddle 1 1/2" and layered in silver metallic, the barrel 1",the steer horns 3/4", and the fence rail 1 1/2".
The fence, saddle, cactus, steer horns, and barrel were popped for dimension.
The building windows and marquee were outlined in black.
I also punched out small metallic circles to add to the marquee just for a little more bling.


I cut the inside mat a bit smaller than the outside and added an original birthday poem.
The "Remember When" poem was found on-line, matted twice and backed by some leftover cuts from a previous project.
I am quite pleased with the way it turned out and I think my step-dad will like it too.
TFL!



9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is AMAZING!! I especially like the saddle over the fence. I am so impressed with this! Your step-father will be blown away, I'm sure!
    Thanks so much for sharing this at FCCB! GREAT card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. I agree with Kate; the saddle over the fence is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. All the detail is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic, original card! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. All of your details are amazing. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card! I'm sure your FIL will love it! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing card!! Seriously wow!! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marcia!

    Congratulations on making the top 5 at FCCB! We would love for you to be a guest designer with us. Would you please contact me at

    Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    Thank you,
    Saundra
    FCCB Spotlight Sunday Hostess

    ReplyDelete