Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow.......

Even during the holiday season,
I need to take a break and make something different.
Here is my latest "take-off" on one of my all time favorite movies.

I have had this idea roaming around in my head for a few weeks now,
and finally tonight, I tried to tie it all together.
I have always been a fan of the Wizard of Oz,
and thought it would make a great birthday or encouragement card.
I started with an image of the Emerald City for the backdrop.
I then tried to think of some of the movie items I wanted to include in my project.


I started with the RUBY SLIPPERS (of course!) and cut them from GS
@ 2" out of a red glitter paper outlined in white.
The Wizard's hot air balloon was cut @ 4" from SIP,
while the bluebird that flies over the rainbow
was cut @ 1" from 50 States (Nevada.)
All images were popped along with a quote from the movie to finish the front.


My original sentiment completes the inside and is complimented
with a small emerald gemstone from the Land of Oz!

Another personal message will be added when this particular card is sent.
I just love the way it turned out!
And remember.......the dreams that you dare to dream
really do come true.......so follow the Yellow Brick Road!
TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment