Friday, January 27, 2012

Nothing like the great outdoors!

I have to tell you that so many "firsts" went into this project.
It is my first shadowbox and it is the first time that I tried the
dryer sheet technique that I found on Splitcoaststampers.com.

I cut the base @ 4 1/2 x 11" and added the rectangle window in DS.
Now that I have the saved file, it will be a snap to create another one.

I made this one specifically for the Cooking with Cricut challenge this week:
Anything but a card, and use yellow and polka dots.
This is my design creation in an "outdoors" theme.


The background was stamped and colored with markers.
I added the dryer sheet, trimmed it, and then added white glitter.
It gives it a misty look with a hint of sparkle....cool!


I use the MS branch punch for "brush" and added a mama bear and
two cubs in the foreground.
The Happy Camper sign is from Campin' Critters,
and black polka dots finish off the frame.
I have to say....I really like the 3-D look.
This may end up in our camper when the season starts.
I have the perfect place for it.

TFL!

6 comments:

  1. This is great!!! I have never tried the dryer sheet either. But now I must give it a try. All of the details of your shadowbox are amazing!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really cool. I have never heard of the dryer sheet project. Now I am curious. I think I will go look this up!! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut. Wonderful project!
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've got some amazing detail on this wonderful project. It will be the perfect decor for your camper. Thanks for sharing at CWC.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacular!! I love the campground as the backdrop, and the DETAIL is amazing! Wow! I'm definately going to have to look up the "dryer sheet technique". Thanks so much for joining us this week at CWC! :)

    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool, I've never heard of the dryer sheet technique, gonna have to give that a try, thanks for sharing! And thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut this week!
    Hugs,
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete