Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Once Upon a Time....

My dear Mom turned 89 years young in July.
To celebrate this milestone, I tried an open-faced easel card to
celebrate the event.  It took a while to figure out exactly what
my design would be, but all in all, I am quite pleased with the result.
Although this will not be mailed, this is the card all folded up.


I started with a pretty pink glitter cardstock,
cut the middle three times and layered it in place.
The cut is from StoryBook.
I added a chocolate ribbon to the side, scrolling borders in white glitter cardstock,
another scroll from Home Decor adorns the bottom,
and hand-made flowers complete with a gemstone stamen along
with green glitter foliage finish the front.
The large baubel in the left corner is actually a costume party ring that
I took the bottom off and "popped" for added dimension.


This is a large card when opened up the whole way.
Since I really had no instructions, I pieced the bottom section on and
covered it with another scrolling border in pink that matches the ones on the front.


The inside background is computer generated from a print program,
and is done in muted colors.  I think it matches perfectly!


The sentiment is printed on a pearly translucent paper,
embossed with the Swiss Dots CB folder,
framed in the same cut from the card front,
and embellished with a dragonfly punch (cut 3X) and a butterfly.

                      Even the back of the card is complete with her age (cut from StoryBook),
 and a special "Happy Birthday" from the ACY cart,







                                 This card is so pretty.......it actually shimmers in the sunlight.
There are so many dimensions and small added touches that I
think my Mom will love it as much as I do.
Happy Birthday, Mom!

I will be entering this in the DL Art Happy Birthday Linky Party.
TFL!






4 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow this is gorgeous, Marcia!! I absolutely love the beautiful design!! All of the elements you added are so fabulous!! Your Mom will love it..and Happy, Happy Birthday to her :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Happy Birthday to your mom! I'm sure she will LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my giveaway and posting it on your sidebar!! I appreciate it so much!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless. What a gorgeous card!!! Your Mom will love it. Wow. What a card! Take care, Linda

    I pinned this.

    ReplyDelete