Friday, January 11, 2013

Snips and snails and puppydog tails...

More LOs for this post..I am sooo far behind on my scrapbooking!
This shot was taken this holiday season when my
grandson, Maddix, was sharing a tender moment with my dog, Marley.
I came around the corner and there they were......
just a small boy and a dob.....best friends for the moment  that was frozen in time.
This is a photo you couldn't plan ahead!
I started this LO with papers from the DCWV Holiday Collection:  The Christmas Stack. 
 There are so many wonderful coordinating papers that can be used for all occasions.

I started with some smaller strips of coordinating paper  in the right-hand corner
and added some small embellishments that I had laying on my craft desk.
The banner was hand-cut from black glitter paper, strung on Baker's Twine,
 and "hugs" was cut from Plantin Schoolbook.

To make the photo the focal point, I matted it twice -
once in black and once in blue gingham - then rounded the edges with my punch.
The banner was hand-cut, matted, and the sentiment was computer generated.
The scalloped squares are 2" and 1 1/2", and the white border is cut from the
Fiskars tree punch and is run through my paper crimper.  It makes it look like snow!
The doggie border, bones, and woof are all cut from Animal Kingdon.
Some stamped pawprints here and there and this LO is complete!
I love how this came out and can't wait to get it in the scrapbook!
 TFL!
I will enter this in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, such a cute layout Marcia! I love the cute banner, awesome border of puppies and the picture is about the sweetest thing ever:) LOVE this and thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your layout Marcia! The shadows of the dogs on the bottom is just too cute -- thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime :)

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LO! Such a sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"WOOF" it!!! Very well laid out.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete